Background and Introduction
LeaderImpact is a transformational, high-impact, time-efficient, cost-effective, interculturally responsive and competency-based adult leadership experience. The program was designed in 2007 by Dr. Okokon Udo as lead designer and has been successfully offered in the United States in partnership with the Northwest Minnesota Foundation. It is being offered internationally as
LeaderImpact Global through an exclusive partnership agreement between Distinctive Leader Options, Inc and the Northwest Minnesota Foundation. LeaderImpact is not just a leadership program. It is an experience, a movement aimed at democratizing leadership and making it available to everyone in every part of the globe.
LeaderImpact was designed after extensive assessment of what was needed and with the intent of being the best leadership program for the world. Offering LeaderImpact in Spain, Turkey, Dubai, Canada and Norway are the next step to fulfilling that vision. Our goal at LeaderImpact Way is to make LeaderImpact available to those who need it the most and are in positions to make the most impact on their world and the world.
LeaderImpact is different than any other leadership experience in existence. It is a transformational leadership experience, utilizing blended learning strategies to enhance the transfer of learning into real life. Participants will spend time at an initial retreat, developing a learning community, exploring their own unique leadership gifts and styles, and enhancing their awareness and skills around essential leadership competencies. Participants will share in the leadership of the learning community and begin to create a relationship at the initial retreat, which promises to carry forward as the difficult assimilation of learning happens back in the world from which they have come, and continues into the final and concluding retreat experience.
The Four Competencies at the Heart of Leader Impact
Navigating Complex Reality
This competency addresses the ability to respond effectively to the challenging realities of our time, including such things as change, geography, diversity, work-life balance, and socioeconomic issues. It also focuses on the need for leaders to have a crystal clear vision of what they stand for and the principles they will live by, in order to remain grounded in the midst of the complex challenges presented by our world.
This competency focuses on the ability of participants to consistently have the desired impact they wish to make in their interpersonal communication. This includes building effective relationships through: listening to understand, clarifying one's intent, designing and sustaining powerful alliances, and understanding and serving the needs of one's audience.
Discovering and Mastering Self
This competency is critical to the success of all of the other competencies. It includes being able to articulate one's strengths and having a plan for building upon
them, as well as recognizing areas of non-talent and knowing how to mitigate their influence on one's effectiveness. Discovering and Mastering Self is about knowing oneself well enough to
recognize how to fully step into action as a leader, laying claim to one's own authentic leadership style and power.
This competency is essential for creating and sustaining effective work environments and communities and for bringing about sustained change in the world. It focuses on the ability to understand others' talents/strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, as well as bringing out the best in others. Building effective community is the desired result of this competency.
Highlights of the LeaderImpact Experience
- Facilitation by internationally renowned trainers and coaches.
- Made up of two residential retreats (for three days each)
- Learning lab for 8-12 weeks to deepen the learning and promote communication among participants.
- Networking with an international community of leaders possessing a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- 1:1 professional coaching sessions to promote depth and integration of learning.
- Work style perception & strength assessments: StrengthsFinder 2.0 and DISC.
- Online technology platform to promote communication among program participants.
Who Should Participate in the LeaderImpact Experience?
You should attend LeaderImpact if you:
- Have a desire for greater impact in the world.
- Are not satisfied with the way things are in your life and work and seek a sense of fulfilment.
- Seek to integrate values and life purpose with personal and professional life.
- Are currently not going through major life transitions.
- Have a strong desire to create a culture of possibilities and life-long learning.
- Are fully committed to pre and post program assignments and activities.
- Are committed to attending both retreats and fully participating in the learning lab.
- Are ready to undergo a rigorous application and selection process.
Key Benefits Of The LeaderImpact Experience:
- Two experiential, competency-based and transformational leadership retreat experiences separated by twelve weeks of integrated Action Learning Lab.
- Belonging to a learning community of leaders from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences, sharing responsibility and accountable to each other.
- Well designed competency focused, adult learning framework.
- 1:1 professional coaching for deepening and integration of learning.
- Excellent accommodations with scenic and world-class learning environment.
- Materials, manuals and supplies for a wide range of activities.
- 2 personal assessments StrengthsFinder 2.0 and DiSC Classic 2.0.
- Online technology platform for communication, reflection and integration.
We have upcoming sessions running in Spain, Turkey, Canada and Norway. Please contact me for more information.